Compost supply for agricultural use
Effective “added value” alternative to high cost fertiliser for this year
Olus is now marketing a high quality, green waste compost for agricultural use. The product is produced from a clean domestic source of Household Waste Recycling Centres, with a managed input, in and around Sussex. It contains no kitchen waste or animal by-product material and is screened to a 20mm grade. This high organic content product is uniform, friable and comes with a fertiliser analysis to enable accurate intergration into the whole farm fertiliser plan, including compliance with NVZ constraints where applicable.
The features - an annual 30t/ha (12t/acre) application of green waste compost will supply:
- 25kg/ha of available nitrogen
- 90kg/ha of available P2O 5
- 175kg/ha of available K2O
- 38kg/ha of available MgO
- 23kg/ha of available SO3
- 8.5-9.0 pH
The benefits of green waste compost as an agricultural input;
- All maintenance requirements of P,K&Mg for cereals covered, to ensure good crop establishment
- A useful input of sulphur to improve cereal and OSR grain quality characteristics.
- The application of this organic matter will boost water holding capacity, aeration and drainage.
- Easy and safe to apply as a product, with no regulatory pre-application soil testing regime or post harvest grain contract constraints
- May be applied to the same fields on an annual basis to give long-term improved soil structure.
- The above neutral pH means it will buffer the acidifying effects of high nitrogen inputs, helping to keep soils at optimal pH.
This Soil Association approved product No. (17795) is available all year and makes for a viable alternative to bagged P&K compounds. Green Waste compost has a balanced fertiliser value, together with the soil conditioning and cultivation benefits that come from the significant organic matter content and high pH. The compost is made to PAS100 and QP standards.